Hunter Mental Health is currently supporting a fantastic CAMHS psychological service within on of the most favourable NHS Trusts who cover the east of England and the surrounding areas, working with people of all ages and make sure their services are wide ranging and will integrated.
We are looking for an experienced applied psychologist with a background in clinical or counselling to join this CAMHS team working with children and adolescents with a variety of mental health conditions on a 37.5-hour locum contract which is an initial 3-month contract with a strong intent to extend further. The pay range we are offering is £28.50ph.
- Coordination of multi-disciplinary psychological formulation meetings regarding young people residing in a secure setting.
- Provision of evidence based psychosocial interventions to Young People as appropriate.
- Involvement in team meetings, reflective groups and staff training
- Acting as Lead Health Professional for YP residing in secure welfare setting including completion of reports, liaison with local authorities and other health providers
- Familiarity with Attachment, Regulation and Competency therapeutical model (Blaustein and Kinniburgh) preferred.
- Experience of working with young people in a secure setting or hard to reach young people preferred.
The service is looking for someone to work within their psychological team operating in a 9-5, Monday to Friday service. Within the service there is a support team of CPN’s, OT’s and Psychiatrists, along with the supervision of the Team Lead.
Consideration will be given to Clinical and Counselling Psychologists from all backgrounds as long as there is the required experience of working within a community mental health team previously.
Key details of the role:
- HCPC Registered Psychololgist
- Band 7
- Start date – 2/3 weeks
- Duration – 3 month ongoing contract
- Full Time position
- Childrens Psychological service
Call Cameron on (02034754175) to find out more about this role.
Not available for this position? Recommend a friend or colleague! We operate a simple and transparent scheme – we pay you £250 for a successful placement (qualifying period applies)
Why work with Hunter?
- Join the community: be part of a network of like-minded, conscientious locums with shared values for patients and clients.
- Represented by AHP sector experts, we listen, understand your needs and represent you professionally.
- Quick & simple online registration
- A long-term relationship based on trust and understanding.
- Access to the very best requirements nationwide.
- As part of the Hunter AHP network you will be appropriately marketed, in a consultative manner, taking the burden of business development away from you.
- Weekly payments you can trust, Hunter AHP is part of the Hunter/Gatherer Group of Companies.
- Market knowledge, advice and knowledge sharing on market trends and opportunities.
- Access to exclusive Hunter AHP events and discounted CPD.
- Customer service, it’s a simple philosophy but one we are passionate about
Psychology – Locum
Salary – £28.00 – 28.50 per hour
Contact Person: Cameron McCoy