Hunter Mental Health is working alongside a fantastic adults community mental health recovery services within some of the most desirable NHS Trusts who cover London and the surrounding, working with people of all ages and make sure their services are wide ranging and will integrated.
We are looking for an experienced clinical or counselling psychologist to join services working within an eating disorders on a 37.5-hour locum contract which is an initial 3-month contract with a strong intent to extend further. The pay range we are offering is £29 – £32.
The service is looking for someone to work within their treatment team operating in a 9-5, Monday to Friday service. Within the service there is a support team of CPN’s, OT’s and Psychiatrists, along with the supervision of the Team Lead.
Consideration will be given to Clinical and Counselling Psychologists from all backgrounds as long as there is the required experience of working within a community mental health team previously.
We are looking for full-time Counselling or Clinical Psychologists to work at either Band 7 or 8a (depending on experience) across three teams. All four posts are in Adult Mental Health with clients showing severe and enduring mental health difficulties. At a minimum applicants would require the following:
Training and qualifications: Doctoral level training in clinical/ counselling psychology, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology as accredited by the BPS. Registration as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health Care Professions Council.
Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of clients across the full range of care settings, including outpatient, community and primary care.
Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
Knowledge and Skills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment, intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration.
Well developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
Skills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups.
Ability to identify and employ mechanisms of clinical governance as appropriate, to support and maintain clinical practice in the face of regular exposure to highly emotive material and challenging behaviour.
Key details of the role:
- Clinical/Counselling Psychologist
- Band 7/8a
- Start date – 2/3 weeks
- Duration – 3 month ongoing contract
- Full Time position
- Adult Recovery Service
- £29ph – £32ph
Not available for this position? Recommend a friend or colleague! We operate a simple and transparent scheme – we pay you £250 for a successful placement (qualifying period applies)
Why work with Hunter?
- Join the community: be part of a network of like-minded, conscientious locums with shared values for patients and clients.
- Represented by AHP sector experts, we listen, understand your needs and represent you professionally.
- Quick & simple online registration
- A long-term relationship based on trust and understanding.
- Access to the very best requirements nationwide.
- As part of the Hunter AHP network you will be appropriately marketed, in a consultative manner, taking the burden of business development away from you.
- Weekly payments you can trust, Hunter AHP is part of the Hunter/Gatherer Group of Companies.
- Market knowledge, advice and knowledge sharing on market trends and opportunities.
- Access to exclusive Hunter AHP events and discounted CPD.
- Customer service, it’s a simple philosophy but one we are passionate about.