Hunter Mental Health is supporting a great adolescence community mental health service within a fantastic NHS Trust which boasts providing the highest quality integrated mental health, community and learning difficulties health services.
Community CAMHS role. Main duties comprehensive assessments and Delivering treatment to young people with eating disorders using family based approach. Responsible for physical health assessment and monitoring. Care coordination if a caseload. To take part in duty rota screening referrals and assessing risk.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous Ed experience. Essential to have previous CAMHS experience and experience of working in a community setting. Excellent Initial assessment skills. Therapeutic skills in treating people in the community. Very organised and can prioritise self autonomously. Interest to work with eating disorders essential. Ideal previous skills and experience of working with families and not just individuals.
We are looking for an experienced CAMHS community psychiatric nurse to join this service on a 37.5-hour locum contract which is an initial 3-month contract with a strong intent to extend further. The pay range we are offering is £24.59.
The service working hours are Monday-Friday 9am – 5pm though there is some flexibility. Any successful candidate must be able to work Monday, Wednesday Friday. There currently is no weekend working opportunities however this may be possible with ongoing developments to the service. Within the service there is a support team of CPN’s, OT’s and Psychiatrists, along with the supervision of the Team Lead.
To be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria:
- A valid NMC pin
- Have a legal right to work in the UK
- UK experience working with children and adolescents within a CAMHS team
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- An enhanced DBS and reference check
- Working a case load of patients from birth to adolescents
- Liaison with out-patient departments and GP surgeries
- Working outside the hospital and visiting clients on home visits
- Monitoring and assessments
Why should you apply?
- Fantastic service
- Full time hours guaranteed across a locum contract
- Competitive pay rates
- Very desirable location
To hear more about this opportunity, please contact Hunter Mental Health today.
Why we are different?
Join the community: be part of a network of like-minded, conscientious locums with shared values for patients and clients
- A long-term relationship based on trust and understanding.
- Access to the very best requirements nationwide.
- As part of the Hunter Mental Health network you will be appropriately marketed, in a consultative manner, taking the burden of business development away from you.
- Represented by Mental Health sector experts, we listen, understand your needs and represent you professionally.
- Weekly payments you can trust, Hunter Mental Health is part of the Hunter/Gatherer Group of Companies.
- Market knowledge, advice and knowledge sharing on market trends and opportunities.
- Access to exclusive Hunter Mental Health events and discounted CPD.
- As part of the Hunter Mental Health network you receive a welcome pack, and ID badge.
- Customer service, it’s a simple philosophy but one we are passionate about.