Hunter Mental Health have an exciting opportunity for a great Specialist Clinical Community Mental Health Nurse role in a CAMHS team. The role will be providing specialist ADHD and ASD assessment, treatment and care to patients and their families in a Neurodevelopmental Assessment Team (NDAT) based in a Wandsworth service. This is a multi-disciplinary team that includes psychiatry, clinical psychology, and nursing.
Experience in community mental health is required as the service would require someone to hit the ground running and be a real asset to the service. They also need someone with the following:
- Registered mental health nurse, with postgraduate qualification in CBT (PgDip, MSc or equivalent) with eligibility for accreditation with the BABCP or significant experience and training relevant to neurodevelopmental assessment.
- Ability to provide excellent assessment, treatment and care reviews to patients and their families/ carers.
- Ability to take responsibility for managing urgent clinical calls, including risk assessment and management.
- Co-ordinate care for those children, young people and families on their caseload,
- Ability to take responsibility for supporting team members in their decision making
- Good organisational skills
- Good Communicator
- Good computer skills
The working hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00am till 5pm, will be required to work flexible hours in line with GP surgery hours and the ‘Improving Access’ agenda. This will include occasional week-day evenings. Within the service there is a support team of senior psychologists/ psychotherapist and, where appropriate, other senior colleagues.
Key details of the role:
- Specialist Clinical Community Mental Health Nurse
- Postgraduate qualification in CBT or experience and training in neurodevelopmental assessment
- Band 8
- Start date – ASAP
- Duration – 3 month
- Full Time position
- £37.50ph umbrella
Call Hannah on (0203 475 4175) to find out more about this role.
Not available for this position? Recommend a friend or colleague! We operate a simple and transparent scheme – we pay you £250 for a successful placement (qualifying period applies)
Why work with Hunter?
- Join the community: be part of a network of like-minded, conscientious locums with shared values for patients and clients.
- Represented by AHP sector experts, we listen, understand your needs and represent you professionally.
- Quick & simple online registration
- A long-term relationship based on trust and understanding.
- Access to the very best requirements nationwide.
- As part of the Hunter AHP network you will be appropriately marketed, in a consultative manner, taking the burden of business development away from you.
- Weekly payments you can trust, Hunter AHP is part of the Hunter/Gatherer Group of Companies.
- Market knowledge, advice and knowledge sharing on market trends and opportunities.
- Access to exclusive Hunter AHP events and discounted CPD.
- Customer service, it’s a simple philosophy but one we are passionate about
CBT – Locum
Salary – £37.50 – 37.50 per hour
Contact Person: Hannah Chapman